Sugo recipe Sugo di Pomodoro ‘Authentic Italian Tomato Sauce’ Recipe
|Image source : google images|
Here’s a simple and delicious Sugo recipe:
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 medium onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 carrot, finely chopped
– 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
– 1 can (400g) crushed tomatoes
– 1/2 cup tomato paste
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon sugar
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
3. Add the carrot and celery to the pan and cook for a few minutes until they start to soften.
4. Pour in the crushed tomatoes and tomato paste, stirring well to combine.
5. Add the dried basil, dried oregano, sugar, salt, and pepper to the saucepan. Stir to incorporate the spices.
6. Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning if needed.
8. If you prefer a smoother texture, you can use an immersion blender to blend the sauce until desired consistency is reached. Alternatively, leave it chunky for a more rustic texture.
9. Serve the Sugo over cooked pasta of your choice.
10. Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
11. Enjoy your homemade Sugo!
Note: Feel free to customize this recipe by adding cooked ground meat, such as beef or pork, or other vegetables like bell peppers or mushrooms, according to your preference. Feel free to customize this recipe by adding cooked ground meat, such as beef or pork, or other vegetables like bell peppers or mushrooms, according to your preference. Delecios authentic sugo recipe